Re: RC: Shoes, blood flow, and endurance

In a message dated 6/30/00 10:47:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Farafix@aol.com
writes:

<< 2 yrs, trying to get a lot of LSD
 conditioning miles on.  As a result, my poor horse got contracted, underrun
 heels, poor hoof angle, etc. etc.  I finally got smart & pulled the shoes,
 and am now about 3 1/2 months without shoes.  >>

You need a new farrier when you start shoeing your horse again.  Contracted
heels and the other stuff shouldn't automatically happen if a horse wears
shoes for a couple of years.  Ideally, I like to pull shoes once a year, but
there have been times when I haven't been able to.  Never had a problem.
Start farrier hunting (the advice is free :))

Sylvia