Re: RC: Shoes, blood flow, and endurance

>I made the mistake of keeping shoes on for 2 yrs, trying to get a lot of LSD
>conditioning miles on.  As a result, my poor horse got contracted, underrun
>heels, poor hoof angle, etc. etc.
>
>Nancy & Tempo (enjoying being barefoot in the summer)
>Md

I've gotten those problems barefoot with certain farriers and had shoes put
on to allow the hoof to grow so the problems could be corrected -- using a
new farrier more skilled at balancing the hoof and ptting shoes onto a
balanced foot.

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky