RC: Glucosamine & Chondroitin Sulfate

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

I've had excellent luck Uckele's products.. I mix the
following tasty powders to get the ratio I want:

Glucosamine HCL..             2.5lb pail ($100.00)
Chondroitin Sulfate with
Calsium/Phos..................2.5lb pail ($100.00)

quantity of powder). My horses maintenance dose
turned out to be about 5 g daily.

both are on page 26 of their Horse Nutritional Supplement
catalogue:  Phone # 1-800-248-0330

In summer, I've switched to Corta-Flx, because
it's easier.... one oz. liquid a day for the maintenance dose.
On my horse,  Uckele's product and Corta-Flx give
identicle results.
Corta-Flx is pretty expensive too, but some of the
horse catalogues (Valley Vet) run specials and you can
get 1 gallon & 1 Qt.  for   $120.00  They also have a web-site
www.corta-flx.com

RE: Karen C.:
The shots your talking about.. are they Legend or
Adequan? Which I *think* are different agents than
the CS/Glucosime oral supplement route.
 Or are there new nutritional supplement shots
for CS/Glucosime ?

It was my understanding,  from the way CS/Glucosime works,
(promoting synovial gluid production in the joints)
that there wasn't an injection for this..

Barb