Re: RC: US SQUAD and Steph

Leonard.LIESENS@cec.eu.int wrote:

> BRAAAAAAAAAAAVO     Steph!!!!!!!!
>
> So we will compete against each other :)
>
> I knew that this Krutchev was a machine!!!!
>
> Leonard, from Belgium

Hi Steph, hi Leo,

congratulations to both of you.

I had hoped that we could do it as a trio - but sh** happens.
I had bad luck at the German Championship last weekend. Ninja was pulled at
the fourth VG - mild lameness in the hinds (see my following post). We were
third at that moment, ready to speed up and catch the both riders in front
of us. Both lost more than one hour during that final loop (we had to ride
it twice, so one can really compare the riding times). Ninja had no
problems with pulse etc (two minutes to meet 56). We rode at a constant
speed of ~15 km/h (9.3 miles/hour) and - from knowing how much training I
put on him and what he was able to do there - were able to speed up to 18 -
20 km/h (11.2 - 12.4 miles/h). We used Tom's GL + own mixed elytes,
premixed with water. We gave 3 oz GL + 1 oz elytes two hours before the
start, immediately before the start and then every hour. Ninja drank very
well and had very low pulse-rates during the race (between 100 and 110 in a
nice galopp at ~ 18 km/h).

So because I didn't finish the race, I am now not selected for the WEC. But
I will be there as a crew for the woman finishing third last weekend. I'll
help her now to prepare the horse properly (my first job as a
trainer/consulter!!!) and maybe we are able to have a Top Ten placing.

Happy to see you all in Compiegne, keep your horses fit,

good luck,

Wolfgang + Ninja 11
Germany