Re: RC: USA Breeders

The foundation horses such as produced Traveler produced two great
breeds - the Kentucky Saddle Horse later to be known as the American
Saddlebred and the Tennessee Walking Horse. Of of these breeds through
crossing with other horses came the Foxtrotter and the Rocky Mountain
Horse. Rumor has it that these two great breeds were imported to
Columbia to cross with the Paso stock to produce a more hardy and larger
"Paso".

And you are so right about what has happened in the sake of breeding for
the show ring. There are probably is no breed of horse that has had to
endure the pain of the show ring Walking horse. The build up shoes, the
chemical soring, the road foundering to get them to "gait better." The
treatment of the Saddlebred is not much better.

All in the name of greed and ego.

And yes no one condones slavery, but the uncivil "Civil War" was a lot
more about economics and politics than slavery. Some of David Donald's
work on the Civil War, the period leading up to it and reconstruction is
riveting reading. Donald pretty much agrees with the "War of Northern
Aggression" and he is no revisionist southerner, his last mailing
address was Harvard.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt