Re: Posted today on a mostly Dressage Riders' BB . . .

I now have about 100 copies of Angie's replay.

Angie, you were very kind. You didn't mention chains around the ankles,
gingering, people shaking rattles and aborting mares on stage, the other
dozen methods of soring show horses, the veterinary patch-up needle, built-up
shoes that look like stilts, riding horses through jumps they can't get
over--none of that. Nor any of the dozens of other things done to horses in
the name of sport--hell, I can think of another 100 abuses just in
horseracing.

And you didn't even bother to estimate the IQs of the people involved in each
of the equine sports--I could have helped there--have half a dozen
quadruple-blind studies in hand. And you very kindly didn't get into
Officialdom--where the IQs typically plummet like oxygen on tall mountains in
some equine sports.

No, you were very kind. If I'd had more experience in this sport, I'd have
answered--and we'd have a full-fledged Range War on our hands.

ti