Horse tripping

Margie,

Along with the other good suggestions I would add that you should have the
horse checked for EPM.  I had a horse doing the same thing years ago, for NO
other reason.  He popped splints in the rear legs, and lost weight too. (He
was doing the same work, eating the same feed as before)

An easy way to check, though NOT as a substitute for diagnosis) is to
blindfold the horse, and lead him.Of course, be very careful! But a horse
with EPM, or possible middle ear problems will have great difficulty staying
on his feet while blindfolded, and might even fall down, especially while
turning sharp, backing up, or on a slight decline.

Good luck, and I sincerely hope it's nothing serious!

Julie, Rayna the Mountain Monster, Jynxie the Wonder Pony,
Mark and Decker the Rookie
Brush Prairie, Washington