RE:

Hi all:

I am relatively new to this list and have been in and out of the endurance
world for oh..."cripes" (as they say here in Minnesota) coming up on 20
years!

I have read some of the archives and the posts and articles in the various
magazines and realized: this is my "family".  Horse crazy, risk taking,
tough nuts, with warped senses of humor and tough enough skins to go with it
all!  I love it and can relate entirely (much to my husband's exasperation,
of course...but you knew that was coming).  I enjoy learning from those who
have gone before - thanks for sharing!!!

So, having sucked up (not really - I meant it all) I do have a question.  I
am in my second year of conditioning and getting to a few rides with my 7 yr
old Arab stallion.  He has a lot of potential and has done very well so far
and for being a stallion is doing well too, I guess.  Keep reminding me of
this, please.

There are those times I think I saddled the "challenger", literally and
figuratively. Those words of encouragement even though they are framed in
terms of "years" do give me hope.

So I am considering a running martingale or a trail rider running attachment
or... what?  Any suggestions???  He gets an attitude and starts with the
head throwing.  He is being ridden in a pinchless broken bit with fairly
long but angled shanks and a curb chain.  He really does fine in the
majority of situations except he wants to lead or be beside any mares:
absolutley will not follow and behave for long.  We are working on that but
I don't want my face smashed first.  If I use my well timed hand I usually
smash my knuckles worse for me than him, so...an aid is in order it seems
for now at least.

Open to your thoughts, Bev and Rajabani SDA