Filly Update - she's HOME !

I just got back from getting the Filly (Miss Pam)  She is beautiful!  A lovely
Rose Grey /
Strawberry Roan combo.   When we got there she was still on the trailer from the
night before,
she walked off quietly and she was/is very sweet.  She had drank, she was alert,
and she
wanted to eat grass, no coughing and no snotty nose.  (all good signs)

She is extremely quit.  She is very under weight - then again I have seen some
100 mile
horses that look just like her, so some may think she is a perfect weight, but I
think she is
skinny.  Yes her feet are very long in the toe and no heel - which gives her
pasterns a
very long look, but I hope w/ some proper shoeing her pasterns will look much
better.

We asked her to walk up in a strange 2 horse straight load - and up and in she
went, and she
stood like an angle and was a perfect guest for the ride home.

She was not sure how to come off the trailer, but she did it w/ out a fuss.  We
walked her around
and again, the sweetness in this horse is unreal!   We found a nice stall far
away from all
the other horses (vet comes tomorrow) and she drank more and she ate a 1/2 qt of
pellets
while she munched the hay.

She has a super trot, the kind I love - when they spread their legs real wide
and GO.  Her back is
a little long and I think her croup may be a little low, but everything is so
hard to tell right now
with her being so thin.

I hope she vets out and gets nice and healthy.  I hope to make her my next
CTR/LD horse.  I
just fell in love w/ her the moment I saw her.  Then again Caroline's Boy Friend
is also in love
with her and the whole barn seemed fasinated - so I may have to fight for her -
hehehe

If she does not vet out, Caroline will keep her (so don't worry, she is not
going anywhere if she
does not vet out)  but I really don't see why she would not.  She has no
windpuffs and no
splints and not bowed tendons - something I expected from her life so far.

Caroline and I are very excited!!   We were so glad to help this little girl.
This makes sending
all those donations to PETA and Hoofed Aminal Assoc worth it.

Louisa, Caroline and Miss PAM!