how to get rid of muscle knot

Hi everyone!

my horse Saffy has been coming along very nicely, we have been doing lots of LSD this year and last and are going to try our first 50 in 2 weeks.

I have had saddle problems in the past (I have sniveled on ridecamp about being on my fourth saddle now)  Saddle 4 seems to be working great, but she has a muscle knot hanging around from saddle #3.  The knot is beside her spine on her right side only right near the back of the saddle.

I have been massaging after riding, but it is still there.  At first Saffy was not happy with me massaging her, now she relaxes and leans into me so she seems to enjoy it, but.........

Any suggestions that don't involve a lot of money?  I just don't have money for expensive treatments.

BTW, it doesn't affect her movement and it is not really bothering her.  She is a well muscled horse and we train on a mountain all the time.  She doesn't flinch from a back check.  BUT I know it's there.

What do you guys say about this???

Regards,

Sarah McIntosh & Saffy  (what are we doing in 2 weeks???)
Abbotsford, BC