Re: RC: was amblin' now horn-tootin'

----- Original Message -----
From: <RibbonRidg@aol.com>

> Hi Karen, et al.
>
> I'm sorry you had the bad experience, Karen, with the foxtrotter, but that
> was only one horse.  I own and ride several and don't find them to be
stumbly
> at all here in the Ozarks, where everything is either up or down and
always
> rocky.
> I raise my colts (horn-tooting now) on 20 acre pastures or larger, all
hilly.

Kitty, if you reread my post you will see at the end I suggested that a baby
raised on rough terrain would probably be more surefooted.  Of course this
was one horse, but not the first gaited horse i ran into that was not real
sure-footed.

Also, I believe for awhile (maybe still) there was such a fad for gaited
horses that a great number were being trucked into Calif. from the southern
states. I still see ads for "Walkers raised on real plantations on the
south."  Huh?  Maybe the "culls" were being sent to Calif!!!

One further comment, not all of us dislike the trot!  I enjoy the trot, and
find that the posting, or lightly two-pointing REALLY keeps my knees from
aching.  There is nothing worse for me than sitting on my butt on a horse
for hours (like a long walking ride). My one knee really locks up and starts
to hurt.

Karen