Re: RC: Re: Breeds

> Another thing I noticed on the rides over here: lots of Arabs seem to
> have the basic ability to gait (in addition to trot)

The old-time cowboys around here teach their horses to foxtrot.  They just
walk the horse faster and faster, not allowing a trot, over rough terrain
and they say nearly any horse can learn the gait.  It's smooth, fast, and
sure-footed.  I followed a 78 year old cowboy in the mountains for 20 miles
last weekend on his App/TB that he trained to foxtrot.  What an awesome gait
for moving over rough trails covered with rocks and roots.

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO