Yosemite Meeting

What I find discouraging about the current park position  that they
haven't received input from equestrians is that in January 1998 there was
a HUGE meeting over in Clayton, CA., with a representative from Yosemite
Nat. Park.   We did nothing for three hours but articulate, very
strongly, what we needed in YNP and what we, as equestrians, were losing.
 George Cardinet, Nancy DuPont, Bonnie Davis, people from Marin County
and the peninsula,  told the rep. what we used to have and what we don't
have now and what we need again.   Apparently all this information, all
the letters, all the efforts of organizing,   was dumped out the window
when Stanley Albright left as supt. of YNP and David Mihalic came in to
take over.     We horsepeople must start ALL OVER AGAIN.
        So, we need warm bodies, again, at the Yosemite plan meeting at
10 a.m. on Wed. 21st of June, at the Adobe, 3119 Grant Street in Concord.
  My info sheet says Grant st. is between Olivera Road and Solano way in
a triangle formed south of Rte. 4 and west of 242.     (In other words,
find a good map of the area and look it up!!)
    Since the YNP phoned CSHA and asked for this meeting, we can NOT
afford to pass it up.   We must keep on plugging away.    Yes, it's a
work day for many or most people and that makes it very difficult.
Hope to see you there and we'll have a report on the proceedings.
Regards,    Connie B

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.