Re: RC: Breeds

Lif, those of us with gaited horses were kind of stung by the comments Angie
made about gaited horses and their owners.  I have to admit that if another
horse spooked just because my gaited horse's footfalls sounded strange or
because she breathes in rhythm with her footfalls, I'd think that horse was
an idiot too and might have an "it's not my fault your horse is an idiot"
kind of attitude also.  A reaction to Angie's statements and the perceived
prejudice against the gaited breeds might be the source of the "putting up
with Arabs" thing that Truman said.  I've ridden both Arabs and gaited horses
and Special has none of the quirks or "sensitivities" that I always had to be
aware of when riding any of the Arabs that I've met to this point.

I love my Arabs, but riding Special is SO much easier than riding any Arab I
have ever met.  Her resting heart rate is just as good as any of the Arabs
around here and her recoveries are better than any of the Arabs that we ride
and condition with.  I haven't taken one of the Arabs (or the Apps for that
matter) out of the pasture to ride since I met Special.

Rhonda and Special