Re: RC: Breeds

I believe that what a person needs to do before deciding on a breed is to decide what they want to accomplish in an endurance ride.  Do you want to be a front runner going after Top Ten, winning the race, getting BC or do you want to live by the motto, "To Complete is To Win".  Mr Charles was perfectly content to ride his Missouri Foxtrotter at his speed and was satisfied completing his race within the allowed time.  I believe alot of us had alot of respect for Mr Charles and his foxtrotter, including myself.

So I would say, decide what you personally want to accomplish with endurance.  There are alot of trails that I would as a younger person that I didn't discover the beauty of them until I came back to ride just to complete.  When I come back I will probably be on some kind ow gaited horse for the benefit of my body and ride because my heart yearns to ride once again.  I will probably be on of those "LD" riders with no motive to go any further but to me it will be a moment of joy just to get to ride again.

Nan

On Tue, 13 June 2000, Trailrite@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/13/00 11:11:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:
>
> << tired of putting up with Arabs.  >>
>
>     What is this anyway?  Arabs have a bad rap on this subject.  When people
> see a Quarter Horse, TNW,  Appy, or, etc...act up they say, "Gee, I guess
> their horse is feeling good."  If an Arab acts up they say, "Darn Air Head
> Arab, never trust one!"
>     If you train an Arab right, they are smart, willing, personable!
>
> Tammy Robinson
> Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
> 661/513-9269

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go