Re: funniest bailout story

The funniest one I can remember right now is...I was riding a 9yr old mare
that I was breaking. (yup a 9 yr old).  I had been riding her for appx. 60
days and she was doing pretty well.  I had a bareback pad on her and a
snaffle in her mouth.  She had one of those long fine haired frizzy kind of
manes.  I had ridden over to a neighboring ranch and was visiting with some
friends.  Someone chimmed in with "lets play tag on horseback!"  Well the
little mare had  been doing really well and was a game little thing so I
figured "why not".   As I was galloping away from the "it" person she kind
of really got into the game.  She started crow hopping down the length of
the arena.  When she bogged her head down I lost my reins so I grabbed two
fists full of long white mane, burried my tail bone behind her withers and
held on.  She wasnt a really good bucker so I hung in there pretty well
until both of my hands flew up over my head.  My long legs had put my feet
over her shoulders so when my hands came free my butt slid forward and my
legs wrapped around her neck.  Trying to stay aboard I gripped with all the
leg I had, which put me up on her neck.  I slid down her neck and she came
to an abrupt halt.  When the dust cleared I was laying on my left side with
with my legs wrapped around her throatlatch , her nose in the dirt snorting
loudly, and each of my hands with a huge handful of mane still in them.  I
can still hear the laughter as I tried to unfold my legs from around the
mares head.  This was a white arab/appy mare with a beautiful long white
mane and tail.  As I rode home I was trying to figure out how I was going to
explain why she had a long tail and only 1/2 a mane!   gesa n clovis n sky