Puttin' on a ride

OK, it's official, the county Chamber of Commerce wants me & Paul to put on an endurance ride at next year's Catron County Heritage Festival, which will be June 8-10.  The ride will be called The Heritage.  They agree that if it works out, they will help us eventually add on more days - we want to build up to 250 miles (always thinking big!) - I figure it'll be a few years before we're brave & experienced enough for that though!

They are actually willing to consider changing the Festival dates if we can't get the ride date OK'd with AERC.  We should be OK for the 50 (& LD, whatever distance the trail dictates) but when it comes to a 5 day ride I don't want to conflict with other established rides.  Meanwhile....  I'll be looking for volunteers eventually, and lots of hand holding along the way.  We've helped manage rides, but never put one on from scratch.  This will be an adventure!

ANY ADVICE AT ALL  will be *most gratefully* appreciated.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609