Re: RC: Human electrolyting

In a message dated 6/13/00 1:10:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sbrown@wamedes.com writes:

> To all of you who ride in heat and humidity on a regular basis...what do
>  you do for electrolytes for yourself?

The product is called Emergen-C.  It comes in little packets, 20 or so to a
box, bought at a health food store.  On training rides I start out with 2
20oz bottles of frozen water. By the time the first bottle is down to 6 or 8
ozs of water, I add a packet of Emergen-C, this is usually about an hour out.
 If I get down to the same level on the second bottle then I add another
packet, then I head for home as I am almost out of water.

At endurance rides I drink one packet at every VC, at Liberty Run this year,
I did not drink any Emergen-C at the VC, just the Revenge carb drink. By the
end of the day I had a horrendous headache, took several glasses of water,
some migrain meds, and a beer to get me right again!

Try some Emergen-C you'll like iyt!

Jackie Baker
Florida