Old Dominion

Mary Coleman caf@innernet.net
I finally decided I had the horse and this was the year to tackle the Old D. (at least 1/2 of it). I had truly hoped the heat would hold off but as I climbed out of base camp 6a.m. Saturday on my morgan Hawk I was fairly sure this was not to be a completion ride for me. As much as I dreaded the Shenadoah river crossing the river was to prove a blessing for cooling off Hawk(which in heat takes an act of Congress). I won't bore you with all the details but Hawk climbed the mountains and travelled over the rocks without any problems. We certainly didn't gain ground at the holds!! thanks to my husband and my crew Hawk and my not only finished we managed 10th place. I'm still in shock. From my point of view Front Royal is the place to be the 2nd weekend of June!!! Great ride!! thanks Old D people. Mary and the Mighty Morgan Hawk.