Re: RC: Funny bailout stories

I was riding one of the Quicksilver rides about 20 years ago using a Stonewall saddle, no crupper, no chest strap.  I also had the flu.  Was approaching the last vet check going north, had a short but steep hill to go down, one horse wide with very dense, tall brush on either side.  The girth was loose, it was hot & the mare was sweaty, so the saddle kept creeping forward.  I was just feeling too crummy to get off the horse and before I realized it, the saddle was over her withers & the pommel was on her neck.  My efforts to get her to stop kept making the saddle slip more - she knew where she was & nothing I could do was going to change her mind about getting to that vet check.  So I just decided to slide right on down her neck & over her ears to get off.  I landed right in front of her and she & I just kept walking down the hill as if nothing unusual had happened.  Unfortunately no one was there to witness my trick riding!  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609