Old Dominion and other stuff

Well, I didn't have a horse to do OD with this year but I've got one in the
works that I will start conditioning seriously as soon as the vet removes a
couple of little problems. Today I took my son (he's 4) for a ride on my
retired horse from a parking area at a state park to the beach (about a
mile). Then I untacked the horse and we all went for a dip. The horse layed
down and wallowed around twice. I noticed but didn't read all the lunging
posts. IMO lunging or using a jogger or playing chase with your horse are
better than no work at all. I think people with small children can appreciate
this. However, a half hour is about my limit (boooooring).  Well, back to
laundry. Sometimes I think the dirty clothes pile grows faster than the
manure pile!

                                                              Shelly in DE