iceing on the cake

Interesting thread here on RC about the ice boots. I will add my two Peso's
here. I tried and love the ice packs from Longriders Gear. I bought them
because they were flexible to go around my back. I use them for personal
injuries.
My theory on Icing....15 on  to reduce swelling and 15 off then followed by
nice warm bath. I got this from my chiropractor. .
But for an animal that stands on four legs all day much like a human
standing on only two. increaseing and decreasing the blood supply via hot
and cold has managed to help me over some pretty bad spells. If you have had
many days where you stand on your feet to come home to prop them up It sure
would be hard for our horses to prop the feet up. Would it not be better to
increase circulation instead of cutting it off such as ice?
I fortunately haven't had to ice yet. But would love some thoughts on this
theory for horses. Call me a nut case, few clowns short of a circus or
wheels turning hamsters dead... but have to wonder if this wouldn't help our
horses when they need to put the hooves up.
Carla ( ice poacks in over time this week!)
Ansata (Mom whats with the catfish in the tank?)
Haley (got any cornbread to cook him in????)
Rob (wrong fish honey....wrong fish!!)