The Future of our sport

    I agree that we don't see very many jr. riders.  Either those that have
tried it or have parents that are in the sport.  What we should think about
is how can we make this sport more interesting in bringing in Jrs and/or new
riders of any age?
    Out of my three children that have done endurance riding only one is very
into the sport, Charlene Lewis.  The other two do rides once in a while.  But
none of them at this time are jrs anymore.  The funny thing is my daughter
Charlene has a son (my grandson) Jordan Finley is currently having fun in
endurance.
    So what I hear is, we need to figure out how to enhance the new riders
in. Trail-Rite supports the Jrs in donating awards for them at the rides we
attend.  But that is only one way.  I think the sport of endurance has no
public access to let equestrians know about how fun and sane endurance riding
can be.  I've put on clinics (out of my own pocket) at some of the PetsMarts
and other places informing the public about endurance riding with pictures,
seminars, and stuff.  The responses were incredible and encouraging.  I've
also asked AERC to help support this campaigning but have not had good luck
with that area.
    Some ideas would be useful.
Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products