Re: alone?

Great advice.  I took my mare out from home tonight (instead of trailering)
and had some trouble.  Was thinking, the heck with it, will just trailer
somewhere next ride.  But now, I'm thinking she just needs to keep doing
this routine.

The other challenge though, was an antelope.  Anyone know about antelope
behavior?  We came upon a male, all by himself.  I thought he would run
away, but he started FOLLOWING us.  Candi was already being silly, and that
about sent her over the edge.  There were three dogs with me (2 of my
neighbor's, who I couldn't keep home and mine).  They'd chase the antelope,
and he'd bound away, couple hundred yards, and then come back.  I didn't
see any other antelope, but I know there are a few back on the other side
of this hill.  I thought maybe he was trying to keep us away from his
family.  Or he had lost his family.  Or he just wanted to play.  What do I
know?  I  couldn't tell how old he was - that's the closest I've been to an
antelope - but he had little prong horns.  (We have a rare group, if not
the only group of pronghorn antelope in this area)  I think he was too
little to hurt us much, but I wondered if he would get aggressive if we
were getting too close to mommas and babies.  Wouldn't want to get butted,
even by a little goat, when I am riding a silly-head.  SHould I ignore him
or avoid him?

Cel

> really, I think it's a matter of developing a relationship with the
horse,
> to the point that he no longer feels alone on the trail when he's with
> _you_!

It takes time.