Re: What foot gear do you ride in?

Bonnie,

 I ride in "Horseshoes" by Roper.  I prefer the
 kiltie style as they are built on a wider last (form)
and I have a wide foot, especially at the end of a
long
 day.  They also have good arch support and enough
room
 for a high instep - I have high arches & a high
instep.  Without good support, I have flare ups of
plantar fasciitis and simply can't walk!

 These "Horseshoes" are "athletic shoes" type of
 riding shoes.  Why do I prefer these over some other
 athletic riding shoes?  For the same price as many
other name brands, I get <all> leather construction.
Some other brands have a synthetic material at the
ankle cuff that seems to wear out too quickly against
the stirrup.  These shoes just seem to last & last.
The soles have enough grip for walking/running with
the
 horse & to stay in the stirrups without gripping so
 much that I'd be afraid of getting hung up.

 I did not like the foot beds that came with the
 Horseshoes.  Ariats are too narrow for my feet, but
 I love Ariat's gel foot beds.  They can be purchased
separately and inserted in any shoe.  When I put
 them into these shoes, I was in heaven!

 Linda Flemmer - VERY picky endurance rider from
 Blue Wolf Ranch
 Bruceton Mills, West Virginia