Shoes and spurs

I ride in a hiking boot type shoe made by Ropers..  I rode in Ariats for a
while, but found that the shoes tend to be narrower and pinch the toesies after
a long day riding.  My Ropers are great as far as traction (sometimes I ride in
a friend's saddle with plastic stirrups).  The Ropers are like sneakers; really
comfortable and roomy but with a heel for safety purposes.

I have a question for people riding with similar shoes who wear spurs - what
size spurs do you use?  I was wearing English style plastic blunt tips (which
broke after brushing against a tree) and I just ordered a western style spur
with a rounded ball tip (supposedly men's size) which is too narrow for my
Ropers! (I also have some western spurs with the rollers which are also too
narrow)  Any suggestions?

Julienne
& Harley (a QH, need I say more?) :)