Re: Fwd: RC: Ride Meals, Entry Fees and LD BC

Have to respectfully disagree about not offering BC for LD.  If it's a
learning/training ride then all the riders do is go for placing which is
only how fast the pulses come down.  Doesn't teach a rider or horse a thing
about "strategy".   A BC scoring  tells a rider LOADS about how their horse
did or didn't do and if I have to pay the same amount for the 50, I expect
the same consideration as the 50s (remember that's half the mileage).  BC
scoring HELPS the learning/training!!!  For horse AND rider!!

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.
McBain, Michigan 49657
http://www.netonecom.net/~mmieske
mmieske@netonecom.net

----------
> From: Endure4fun@aol.com
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: RC:  Fwd: RC:  Ride Meals, Entry Fees and LD BC
> Date: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 11:57 AM
>
> In a message dated 6/5/00 11:29:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lynne@glazer.org
> writes:
>
> <<
>  All righty, it's survey time!  Three subjects, first about the awards
> banquet.
>   >>

> I.  Yes on the option of meals.  If you order one, you should get one
good
> meal, not leftovers.  If you don't order one bring something or go
without.
> Those $10. food fees could go to gas for trip. (can you tell I own a gas
hog)

> 2. LD fees.  Yes, same price, as you said we get the same benefits, i.e.
> vets, same awards (on some rides) extra help, same amount of work for RM.
>
> 3.NO BC for LD.  It is supposed to be a TRAINING & LEARNING ride, NOT a
RACE.
>  If you want to race do a 50 or more.  Think about it, why did you enter
the
> LD in the first place, hopefully to learn and train and NOT to see how
FAST
> you can RACE your horse!!!!  Actually if everyone thinks about it, this
whole
> endurance concept was called a "ENDURANCE RIDE" where did race come in?
LD