Re: RC: Fwd: RC: meals at rides

I put on several Benefit Rides for clubs in the Southeast.  The only ride that the club did not break even or make a little and let me repeat a little money, was the ride that a meal was provided with.  As a rider I believe it is nice not to have to worry about a meal after the ride but as a ride manager I don't see how it could be economically feasible.

We got into the habit of getting a local non-profit organization provide food for purchase at our rides, we were able to help the kids and they helped us, it seemed the riders didn't mind buying the food.

Nan

On Mon, 05 June 2000, Endure4fun@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/5/00 11:29:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> dleblanc@mindspring.com writes:
>
> <<
>  I have a request for you ride managers out there.  Could you please
>  indicate in ride announcements whether a meal will be provided, which one,
>  and whether there will be anything for vegetarians to eat?
>   >>

> Well, here goes again. It all boils down to letting it be the riders option
> to have a meal or not.  It can't be that hard to put on entry if you are
> going to eat or not.  If not, give the rider the meal price discount off of
> entry fee.  Have only enough tickets for riders who pre enter and want meals.
>
> I have the same problem.  I do not eat meat.  But that is what is served.  By
> the time I get in from ride all that is left is a little bit of wilted
> lettuce.  I really don't think
> that is fair that I have to pay for dinner that I don't get or can't eat.
> I know RM. have a lot to do.  Put it on RC or in the EN that dinner is a pre
> entered option, in this day and age there are numerous ways to convey a
> message.  The ride entries have gotten real high, which I understand BUT why
> not give the riders a break and have it be a choice for meals?  Is it fair to
> anyone to pay for something that is not there, not eatable?
>
> Go ahead and start with the flaming.  It has been done before but this is an
> important issue.
> Keri

Why pay when you don't have to? Get AltaVista Free Internet Access now!
http://jump.altavista.com/freeaccess4.go