Re: RC: Re: Farrier question.....

    If your horse has thin hoof walls you will have a problem in keeping pads
on.  The pad provides a small amount of friction in the nail on areas which
produce a loosing of the shoe.  I ask my son Levi, (our farrier) and he said
that by setting the shoe back to (not in) the white line this should help
form heel.  This adds demand to the heel which the hoof response to by
growing hoof in this area.
    If I had this problem, (about the stone bursing) I would use easyboots
while riding until the hoof recovers from these problem.  Your horse being a
TB will more than likely always have a thin hoof wall.  But lets hope not.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269