Re: RC: RE: australian saddles - pads and girths

Kerry Dykes wrote:

> Just a word of caution from someone who TRIED to use an Aussie -- the
> stirrups were in the wrong position for posting (too far forward), and I
> felt really "locked in" from the thigh blocks (some people may like the
> feeling, I didn't).  Got to admit the horse really seemed to like the
> freedom of movement it provided him, but I couldn't get used to it, gave up
> after just a couple of rides and went back to my western.....
>
> Kerry

Well, there is always a difference of opinion, isn't there?  I love my Aussie.
Wouldn't go back to any other type of saddle now.  For the person wanting to
know about the pad, I use a pad called Tacky Tack.  It has air cells in it.
Can be washed off with a hose.  Does not slip.

Amber