Russian Arabs

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's true that the Russian bred Arabs mature later then
the other breeds such as Polish and Egyptian or just mis-information?  My
friend breeds Russian lines and her babies are very small compared to
others.  She said her stud was like that and never reached his full 15.1h
until he was 7.  She said that it seemed like he'd never grow. The foals are
very very small when born too.  Makes no sense to me since the stud and
mares are good sizes.  She has a 2 year old that is only 13.2-13.3 hands,
he's all legs.  His legs look like a much bigger horse's in length and bone
size (bigger and longer then my 14.2h two year old's) ,plus he has approx
size ONE feet, but his body doesn't match those long legs and feet.  The
only thing I have to compare to is my 2 year old polish filly who is pretty
much growing in porportion to her body size.

                                    Cheryl Newbanks
~~~          ~~  ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _~~/  /\ /        Litchfield Park, AZ
       (   ) _ _   ) ' '        horsetrails@cybertrails.com