Re: HELP WITH CROHN'S

Hi Tracey,  One of my clients has Crohns disease.  She was in agony while I was working on her horse.  After I was done with her horse we went into the house and I used my magnetic rollers on her stomach and back.  She called me the next day and told me she was going to the bath room "normally" and that was the best night sleep that she had had in weeks.  She purchased the Nikken magnetic matress appx. 5 mos. ago and has been in remission for 4 mos. now.   She is feeling great!  This could just be a coinsidence, but, you would be hard pressed to convince her of that!!   gesa
-----Original Message-----
From: Tracey <tracey@tbt.co.za>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Friday, June 02, 2000 1:26 AM
Subject: RC: HELP WITH CROHN'S

Hi, guys.  I learned a lot from the backache thread, and I was kind of hoping you could help me with a related issue.  I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease, which is mild but still causes severe abdominal pain when I have a flare-up, and this makes riding a bit difficult, as I tend to "crouch over" to relieve the cramps.  The other problem is that I also tense up, and dear old Toc, being the sympathetic soul he is, deems it appropriate at that point to go into rocket-launch mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to possible breathing / relaxing exercises I could use while riding, to help with this.  Obviously, it's easy to avoid riding if I have a cramp, but if I'm out, away from home, and it suddenly hits me, it would be handy to have some way of dealing with it.

Yours spasmodically,
Tracey