Duallys

>Am truck shopping and requesting opinions pleezz....
>
>I currently drive a 97 Dodge Automatic Diesel 3/4 ton ... have loved
>it, but wanting a standard shift & starting shopping cause Dodge now
>making 3/4 ton in a short wheel base - easier to get around town ...
>
>Well, made the "mistake" of driving the 1-ton (which Dodge only
>makes in dually) and LOVED it .... plus, can't get the 3/4 ton w/
>all options I'm wanting this late in order yr ...blah, blah,
>
>So, am considering the dually 1-ton ... wanted to get opinions from
>others about incovenience of "daily driving" around town, parking,
>etc of dually plus  advantages of pulling w/ it vs single axle.
>Trailer is the Sundowner 720 Pueblo 3 horse - about 10,000# loaded.
>
>Pls reply to office email:
><mailto:rides4funn@hotmail.com>rides4funn@hotmail.com
>
>p.s.   Am hung up on Dodge ...although love the way the Ford looks
>... love how the Dodge drives & shifts
>
>Thanks a bunch
>
>Christy Logan
><mailto:logan@etex.net>logan@etex.net
><http://communities.msn.com/VertigoFarmsArabians>http://communities.msn.com/VertigoFarmsArabians

Well, I have a 1 ton Dodge dually diesel automatic, regular cab.
It's a 1995, it has 136,000+ miles and is my daily use truck.  I
bought it because they had 10 on the lot at the end of the model
year, loaded with every option, and only $24K.  Had planned to get a
3/4.

I drive 4 days to West Hollywood, which has the worst parking
situations of anyplace I have ever been (except NYC), and often go to
Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, West LA--I live way out
near Riverside (CA).  I manage to park this baby in all sorts of
situations.

I pull a '91 Sundowner 4 horse aluminum, usually about 8500 lbs loaded.

With a regular cab, the turning radius is awesome.  I won't say I
never have trouble parking in underground parking, but without 4x4
and the extra cab, it isn't bad.  I really like having the dual
wheels while towing, never notice the frequent wind until exiting the
truck.  Had a blowout in an outer dually once, and didn't notice.

It gets 19 mpg, pisses people off in convertibles at stoplights
<rattle, rattle>, and "wins" at 4 way stop signs.  What more could ya
want?  Well, 4x4 would be nice, but then it wouldn't fit where I need
it to go.  The truck has no discernible rattles after 4 1/2 years of
daily driving--my first Dodge, and it won't be my last at this rate.

Lynne
happy Dodge owner
--
Ontario, California    http://www.lynnesite.com