RE: RE: Trucks

I have had dually's for years and they are more stable especially if you are putting a large camper in the back and pulling a trailer as I do. Not only is a dually more stable it protects the rig in the event of a blow-out of one of the back tires. Does not do much for the front, but the wait is in the back, so you wont be as prone to loose control. I have had a complete blow-out in the front fully loaded and the Dodge handled superb. If you are pulling a fifth wheel trailer I don't know that a dually is as important (others should comment on this as I don't pull a fifth wheel). With the new heavy duty tires they are putting on trucks now days, duallys are becoming less and less important for road safety and stability. One other thing I have noticed is that the Dodge suspension is not a beefy as the Ford or Chevy (older Fords/Chevy's, don't know about the new models), this is why the Dodge rides like a car in some respects. There are always trade offs! Hope this helps.
-----Original Message-----
From: Marlene Moss [mailto:MARLENE.MOSS@WCOM.COM]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 7:37 AM
To: Christy Logan; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: RE: Trucks

<<So, am considering the dually 1-ton ... wanted to get opinions from others about incovenience of "daily driving" around town, parking, etc of dually plus  advantages of pulling w/ it vs single axle>>

I would like to hear those opinions too - am currently looking at new or newer trucks and am having such a hard time finding standard transmissions.  So we were thinking we might have a little better luck if we weren't dead set on a dually.  I really wasn't sure of the benefits (stability and sure looks cool!) and of course the dealers don't know anything.  So any ideas would sure help me out too.

Thanks,
Marlene