Re: MOTORCYCLISTS

Yeah Tracey,  You go girl.  Dont be embarrassed about protecting you and yours.  The guy was an
a--hole and deserved what he got if not more.  Its a strange yet consoling feeling to know that you can dig deep into yourself and bring out the protective beast if need be.  I know it makes me feel less vulnerable.   gesa n clovis n sky

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracey <tracey@tbt.co.za>
To: RIDECAMP@endurance.net <RIDECAMP@endurance.net>
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 12:48 AM
Subject: RC: MOTORCYCLISTS

This is one of those "I don't know what came over me" stories.

I used to stay on an ostrich farm, and at one stage there was a motorcycle menace who used to terrorise the neighbourhood - riding past horses and spooking them, knocking people off of bicycles, splattering pedestrians with mud, terrorising dogs (even shooting at some).  He used to delight in revving his bike when he went past the ostriches, and, being the stupid beasts they are, they would run in panic and wind up slicing themselves on fences, etc.

Problem was that this chap had no plates on his bike, and wore a tinted visor : no-one knew who he was!  If you went out into the road to stop him, he'd ride his bike AT you.

To cut a long story short, one Sunday morning, he was at it again.  We had lost an ostrich the night before, and I was in no mood for this shit, so (I'm sorry, I'm not normally like this!) I took out the lunge whip and went to stand on the  verge.  As he came towards me, he saw the whip and realised that I could avoid being hit by his bike, but still hit him with the whip, so he slowed down and stopped.

I told him, in some very colourful language, that I would remove his masculinity with a spoon and make him eat it raw if I caught him playing games like that again.  He proceeded to drive his motorbike into me.  Well, my husband, teddy bear that he is, had by that time caught up with me (I'm real fast when I'm pissed) and he pulled the motorcyclist off of his bike.  Mark is big 6 foot tall and 130 kgs - front row forward for the rugby club - but the motorcyclist was a giant : about 6'4" and bigger than Mark.  He grabbed Mark and slammed his face into the road, and held Mark's right arm behind his back.  Mistake - Mark's left-handed, so he just swung and POW!  connected a beaut of a shot to this guy's nose - which he broke.  I kicked the guy in the ribs and hit him with the lunge whip.

Like all bullies, the fact that we stood up to him was enough.  He ran to mommy, who called the local police, who ignored the plea, as they had received complaints about the motorcyclist, but couldn't trace him until his silly mother phoned them!  Bottom line was : this guy didn't bother ANYONE again.

I have NEVER lost it like that, and I hope I never do again, but at least we managed to stop the guy.

Tracey
(somewhat red-faced about her behaviour and her language, but nonetheless pleased at the descent of peace into the neighbourhood)