Re: RC: RE: Re: Horses Living Outside

kathy_mayeda@atce.com writes:

<< Okay, okay, we are wimps in California.  And most of the people I board
with
 blanket their horses in the winter, too!  I think we had frost 5 times this
 winter and we thought we were going to die!!  (Us humans.  Horses were too
 busy trying to roll off their blankets to care about the cold.)

 Kathy Mayeda
 Silicon Valley, CA

Speak for yourself Kathy.  I am just over the hill from you and my horses and
29 year-old mule are outside.  If they want shelter there are trees, bushes
and they use each other.  I don't think any of them have seen a blanket
except at races when it is really cold and they are tied.  I thought you
lived in San Jose like me.

I hate the term Silicon Valley almost as much as "The Glen" which is the
yuppie term for the neighborhood I live in which is really Willow Glen.  Of
course I am weird because I was born here when we only had prunes and
cherries, no computers.....