Re: RC: too much electro-lytes?

At a not so hot ride in Florida one year I over electrolyted my horse. At the
finish he had an erratic pulse. He would go hrom 50 to 80, it would just
bounce up and down, everything else was fine.  The vet Dwight Hooten said the
arrythmia was caused by too much electrolytes as the weather was supposed to
be hot but stayed cool all day. He said the arrythmia would probably be gone
in an hour, and it was. Have never had this problem since. I use 2 parts
salt, 2 parts lite salt and 1 part dolomite.
I electrolyte the day before we travel, with each meal, and at each vet check
and after the ride. This is the only problem I have had in almost 3000 miles
of competition.
Rockie