Re: RC: Re: Trail Courtesy

Karen Sullivan wrote:

> Kat, maybe I didn't explain it clearly.  They were not shooting when we
> approached-they waited until we were right opposite them, then ALL let loose
> a volley of shots.  As soon as we were, fortunately, safely past, they
> stopped-almost like they were saving ammo for the NEXT group of
> riders.....due to the large amount of trash on the ground and beer boxes, I
> doubt this was a really "upright" considerate group of people....

Thank you for the explanation.  That is the way I understood it to begin with.
That's why I was upset over their behavior.  I agree with Kat that most people
are probably considerate.  It's the ones like you describe that go out of their
way to cause problems that I resent.  We have a large element of the public that
seem to go out of their way to litter our trails with cans and GLASS beer
bottles that upset me, but that is another story.  They are probably the same
caliber of person who would deliberately shoot just as the horses go by.

Amber