Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #824

 Subject: Bikers

 I'd like some input about what to do with the motorcycle guy who speeds up
on the dirt road when approaching just to razz the horse and rider.  Not
only are we left in the dust, but we have frazzled horses to contend with.
 A couple of weeks ago the road from Lopez Lake to Pozo was full of traffic.
Everyone who passed was courteous except for this one motorcycle guy.  He
passed us 3 times, each time putting on his show of brainless motorcycle
strength.  I felt the true meaning of road rage this day and am still fuming
about it.
 Any suggestions will be helpful.

 Most bicycle riders that I meet on the trails these days are generous with
their warnings when approaching from behind.  Some ask when or if it's OK to
pass.  Some stop and let us pass.  Many times we have asked the bicycler if
our horses could sniff out the bikes.  Very seldom does the 'silent'
bicycler zoom on by as in past years.  The friction between bicycler and
equestrian are still strained, but we've come a long way.

 I've often thought about putting on a schooling event that included
bicycles, horses, runners and trail monsters.  Has anyone out their ever
been to one?  Know anyone I could contact about such an event?

Jeannie