information on sarcoids

Hi,
Can anyone recommend some good sites for information on sarcoids?  Also,
if any of you have personnal info on horses with sarcoids that are
competing I would like to hear about them.  I'm riding a horse that has
a sarcoid about the size of quarter (it is basically a spot with the
hair missing) on his neck just behind the cheek.  I'ld like to know what
the chances are of this becoming a big problem.  Thanks, Kathy