Beet Pulp report

Well, I halved the mare's sweet feed, and added one dry scoop of the
beet pulp, the usual amount of calf manna and clovite, and alfalfacubes,
then went over and dumped enough water on it to soak everything well,
mixed it, added a bit more water, put it out for the mare and waited to
see how she liked it.  She LOVED it.  Dove right in, no hesitation at
all.  Filly took a bite and seemed happy as well.  That beet pulp in
water roughly doubled the volume of the feed, but one of my goals was to
bulk up her ration with more fiber.

So far I've not had one horse object to the beet pulp.  When I left, the
elderly gelding in with my mare and foal was waiting patiently in the
hope that she'd leave him a bit.  I don't think my mare was too terribly
hungry, she was in the shade and not grazing when I arrived, I liked
seeing that as it told me she was probably getting enough to eat if she
was comfortable hanging out instead of grazing constantly which was what
she was doing before I began increasing her feed.

Again, thanks for all the beet pulp advice.

--
Karla Dick  (Fluffs and Foxtrotters)