Re: training

In a message dated 5/26/00 7:06:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, woa@stormnet.com
writes:

<< Have your interval training procedures changed significantly since this
 book was written in 1986 (first edition)?  If it is outdated, which book
 would be the best update?
 Bette >>

Bette,

The concepts remain the same, as do the basic shapes of the workouts. If
there has been any change since then, it's that a little more emphasis is put
on the middledistance works, the multiple mile and multiple 3/4 intervals,
and the time devoted to the shorter, sprintier workouts is somewhat less.

My latest book on training is The Fit Racehorse II, published in 1995. Right
now there are no copies available anywhere, but a bunch being
printed--publisher got behind. I think my next book willbe called "Will THE
LAST FIT RACEHORSE Please Turn out the Lights."

Tom