White Foam Sweat

Char Antuzzi char_antuzzi@hp.com
I have been conditioning my horse and have completed a 50 mile ride so far. He has always "foamed" on his neck, chest and between his rear legs. He is black so it really stands out.
The vets at the ride never said anything and he scored all A's.
I am hearing a lot of people saying he is being fed to rich a
diet and he is still way out of shape. Can you tell this by the
foam sweat, vs. a clear sweat? He looks great to me, lots of
muscle ridges, you can run your hand over his ribs, but carrying
extra weight which is where I want him. When I worked at the
track and conditioned the TB they always foamed?