Re: RC: Re: wrong horse - mileage credit

In a message dated 5/24/00 6:18:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rides2far@juno.com writes:

<< I recommend that you just give them the name you want printed.  When I
 gave them the info on my first horse I told them, "His registered name is
 "Count Moonjur" but I don't care if I NEVER see that name again.  He is
 going to race as Isaiah 40:31 and that's the name I want recorded.  I
 entered every ride as Isaiah 40:31.  SERA recorded all his mileage as
 Isaiah 40:31.  All AERC records were recorded as Count Moonjur. >>

While I can sympathize with being stuck with a horse's name that you don't
like, it sure makes it tough to follow successful (and unsuccessful)
bloodlines when folks won't ride horses under their registered names.  As a
breeder, it is one of my all-time pet peeves...

Heidi