From: Don Pollock [mailto:donp@dcr.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 3:40 PM
To: Ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Age of horses

  Here in Ky. a racing thoroughbred gains a year on Jan. 1st every year.
Eventhough it was foaled in March of a given year that next January it would
be
a year old.  However My horses have birthdays on the actual date they were
foaled.  The age from that date I use to compute the age on any form for
ride
registration.  My prospect horse was foaled 3/30/96 and therefore did not
turn
four years old until 3/30/2000.  That way when he turns 5 years old next
year he
will be 60 month old.