From: PEdney [mailto:PEdney@dial.pipex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 8:45 AM
To: steph@endurance.net
Subject: is there psychological training for LD riders?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am contacting you in the hope that you may be able to help with a query.
I come from a background of show jumping and still enjoy this discipline to its fullest however, one horse in my possesion is telling me that he is much better suited to endurance activities.
I have ridden for pleasure many times but never exceeding the 20 mile mark, and would like to take this chap a little further.
With regards to this I am aiming to provide him with the best possible chance of succeeding in this sphere. Although his and my own physical training is not a problem I wondered if there where any psychological techniques used by professionals in this discipline to aid success. Show jumping and LDR are obviously quite different though, I do find mental stimulation helpful when training horse and rider. Since, the endurance rider must over come many obstacle one being physical exhaustion I was hopeing that you may be able to send me some advice?
I can be e-mailed at louise_edney@hotmail.com
I appreciate that you must be very busy and thank you for your time and attention,
yours hopefully,

Miss Louise Edney.