Re: RC: Concern

David,
I never sent in my $10 either. I didn't want to see International waste time
& money sending me information that I wasn't going to use.
But, I think it would be really shortsighted for AERC to withdraw from
participating in FEI & the International scene. Thay are going to define (or
redefine) the public perception of endurance because of greater exposure.
AERC can try to influence those changes, or just stick it's head under the
sand & then whine about the good ol' days.
The way I read the last president's message, unless we all start sending in
that $10 the AERC BOD ( maybe one, maybe many) will withdraw support from
international. I'm not sure how this would affect the International
Committee. If they split off into a seperate organization would  they have
to forfeit donated funds supposed to be "their's?" According to the
financial report, they have their own funds. According to the president's
message, they are receiving support from AERC. What AERC support? If the
membership has to decide, complete & specific information needs to be
provided. The sudden interest in "full disclosure" can't be directed at just
certain individuals or activities. I know people from the different time
zone teams for the Pan Am had to raise money to pay their own expenses. What
they get from USET is that donated to USET AND stipulated for endurance.
And, I think maybe they only help for off-continent competition.
There seems to be an atmosphere of divisiveness going on somewhere in AERC.
Rather than seeking cooperation between people with different goals, and
trying to include them all, there is a contest to see who has the biggest
stick.
Nancy Mitts