RE: Re: Re: wrong horse - mileage credit

You all have to remember that this sport was started by a bunch of people
that were intrinsically honest! Then came the rest of the competitors. This
sport started out with a minimum of rules and has continued to have a
minimum of rules. Yes, the explanations and nuances of the basic rules have
expanded with each contravention of the basics.

If persons were capable of using their AERC registration numbers there would
be no problem. There is no such thing as uniqueness in horse's names. There
is in a registration number.

The AERC TRUSTS their members, as sportsmen to not be overly circuitous of
the rules. The AERC does not and I hope will never ask for DNA
identification of the horse. They do not resort to the tattoo and pre-race
inspection of the horse as in flat track racing. All-in-all The AERC thinks
of its members as adults, honest (until proven otherwise) and above board in
their actions. Peer pressure should be strong enough to handle all our
problems.

OK, so I dream on! Then the answer is for each and every member to assist in
enforcing the AERC Rules and Regulations. I would like to think that every
member has read the Rules and Regulations but I guess that would be asking
for more than can be expected.

Any one have a better way?

Bob Morris