Re: RC: NO dogs at Limestone Challange

In a message dated 5/23/00 11:32:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
parkerk@mail.rvi.net writes:

<<  The people who own the property Limestone Challange camps on do not want
any dogs in camp. Please leave your dogs at home. >>

I'll be interested to see how many dogs you end up with in camp.  I attended
a ride a few weeks ago where the entry very clearly stated "absolutely no
dogs...leave your dogs at home!"  Even though I was driving 6 hours alone to
the ride, I left my dogs at home.  I really enjoy having them with me when
I'm travelling alone and for some odd reason they do make me feel safer and
help to keep me awake on that long drive home after riding 50 miles (the Jack
Russel sure can tell a good joke :).  When I arrived at camp there were five
or six dogs romping around and to make it worse, they weren't even on
leashes.   The unfairness of it just made me mad.  I'd love to see ride
managers (as though you don't have enough to do, eh?) enforce the "no dog"
thing when it is stated on the entry -- deny entry to people who can't even
follow that simple of an instruction.  This is a pet peeve of mine -- people
who think the rules just aren't intended for them.

Sylvia, Molly & Sage (border collie and JRT)