Re: RC: RE: Re: Ah..the art of cheating

In a message dated 5/23/00 8:28:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<< Well he was signed up that way. Now when this is transposed to the
 results, some RM seem to question the spelling and omit one of the a's.
 Some don't. Do you know what that must do the anyone trying to enter
 data. >>

I had an ongoing problem (took three years to correct, but finally managed!)
with a horse who had his sire's name as a part of his own name.  Not even the
first part, mind you--so they aren't even alphabetically close!  And I
faithfully put their horse numbers on ALL entry blanks.  Every year, the
office would delete the younger horse and add his mileage to his sire's
record.  His sire retired about the time I started riding him--and was dead
when all this mixup was going on.  Always thought that that was why we had ID
numbers!  Only the office can resurrect dead horses--not even ride vets can
do that!

Heidi